10. Gerald Ford’s ill-advised perm
9. Al Gore sets convention record by eating 62 mini hot dogs.
8. Hubert Humphrey energizes delegates by imploring them to “get on the hump.”
7. As a gesture of good will, Abraham Lincoln makes chili in his hat.
6. George W. Bush receives Heimlich maneuver after choking on confetti.
4. 1st televised convention soundbite: Harry Truman tells Thomas Dewey to “go screw.”
3. William Howard Taft vows to put a taco bar on the moon.
2. The awkward Nixon/Agnew open-mouth kiss
1. Bob Dole experiences Viagra side effects; stays behind podium for 3-1/2 hours.