The classic movie “Back to the Future” got a lot of publicity this week as the “future” in the 30-year-old film was 2015, which got us wondering what Arizona politics/government would be like in 2045.
10. Sheriff Joe Arpaio will have completed his 10th term in office at age 113.
9. The Arizona Legislature will defeat a bill to legalize state Democrats.
8. The Legislature will fund light rail for Tombstone.
7. A remodeled Capitol complex will resemble Biosphere 2.
6. The “Trump Wall” on the border with Mexico will be severely damaged by termites.
5. President Tom Brady will visit Arizona in his first year in office.
4. A former Arizona Cardinal with a medical marijuana card will be governor.
3. A former congressman will open his 4th seafood restaurant in Mesa “Salmon’s.”
2. At age 109, John McCain places third in the Annual Arizona Beer Swigging Tournament
1. After annual attempts at secession, Arizona remains one of the 52 states.