Bennett prepared to sue over signature conflab in gubernatorial primary

By Howard Fischer, Capitol Media Services via Arizona Capitol Times

Ken Bennett found himself out of the running when he was trounced by incumbent Doug Ducey in the Republican primary in August.

Now he is finding himself out of the money.

Ken Bennett /Photo by Gary Grado

The Secretary of State’s Office has concluded that Bennett came up short of the necessary $5 contributions needed to qualify for public funding for his ill-fated gubernatorial bid. And that’s even after a judge gave Bennett four additional hours in August to gather the necessary 4,000 contributions after he complained the online portion of the system had been improperly shut down early.

But Bennett told Capitol Media Services he’s not giving up just yet.

The former secretary of state said he is negotiating with election officials in three counties where a large number of his contributions were declared invalid, often because a signature on a paper form did not match each person’s voter registration file. Bennett said he hopes to convince each county official to accept other evidence, like an affidavit from the donor, that the contribution forms are, in fact, accurate.

Bennett said he already has such a commitment from Pima County Recorder F. Ann Rodriguez.

READ ON:

Share this!

Additional Articles

Get Our Twice Weekly Newsletter!

* indicates required

Rose Law Group pc values “outrageous client service.” We pride ourselves on hyper-responsiveness to our clients’ needs and an extraordinary record of success in achieving our clients’ goals. We know we get results and our list of outstanding clients speaks to the quality of our work.

News Categories
Pollack

Pollack: Mixed news

ELLIOTT D. POLLACK & Company FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 1st, 2019 The Monday Morning Quarterback  A quick analysis of important economic data released over the

Read More »