You are here:  Home  >  Featured News  >  Current Article

What do you need to grow hemp in Arizona? Omar Abdallah, Rose Law Group attorney handling hemp-related issues, provides insight

Posted by   /  May 29, 2019  /  No Comments

    Print       Email
Hemp field / Facebook

Rose Law Group Attorney, Omar Abdallah, who has been handling hemp-related issues, answers some FAQs about this potentially big new business

When can you start growing hemp in Arizona and what kind of licenses do you need?

You can start growing hemp in Arizona as soon as the administrative rules are complete and the Arizona hemp program is established on May 31, 2019.  If you want to grow hemp, you will need a Grower license issued by the Department of Agriculture.  Other licenses issued under the hemp program include the Harvester, Transporter, and Processor licenses.  All licensees will need to meet the hemp program’s eligibility requirements (which are found in the hemp administrative rules) and receive a Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card from the Arizona Department of Public Safety. 

    Print       Email

Leave a Reply

You might also like...

CRE in the time of COVID

Read More →