Loading...
You are here:  Home  >  Featured News  >  Current Article

Sorry, we are no longer serving interviews

Posted by   /  December 7, 2019  /  No Comments

    Print       Email

Arizona Republic reporter’s cellphones snatched in interview with restaurant operator

By Kathy Tulumello | Arizona Republic 

A restaurant operator grabbed an Arizona Republic reporter’s cellphones Thursday, abruptly ending an interview about the woman’s new venue and her trail of closed restaurants.

Frank Giola-Frank Capri
/Submitted photo

Tawny Costa, the operator of Parma Italian Roots, took the phones, with the reporter trying to snatch them back, according to a statement she made to Phoenix police.

Costa was elbowing and pushing, reporter Priscilla Totiyapungprasert told police. As the reporter reached for her phones, her knee was injured, she told police. Then, Costa left the restaurant.

Totiyapungprasert covers food and dining in metro Phoenix for The Republic and azcentral.com. Costa had agreed to the interview being recorded. Totiyapungprasert’s phones were in view on a table during the interview, which had been scheduled days in advance.

READ ON:

    Print       Email

Leave a Reply

You might also like...

These are the best and worst careers for marriage; Kaine Fisher, Rose Law Group partner/director of Family Law, discusses his profession

Read More →