By Symone Garvett | Builder
The National Association of Realtors (NAR) has identified the top 10 most favorable U.S. markets for millennial home buyers amid the coronavirus pandemic.
By analyzing current housing affordability, local job market conditions during the crisis, the share of millennials in the area, and inventory availability in the largest 100 metropolitan statistical areas, the association listed the following markets in alphabetical order:
- Austin-Round Rock, Texas
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, Texas
- Des Moines-West Des Moines, Iowa
- Durham-Chapel Hill-Raleigh, N.C.
- Houston-The Woodlands, Texas
- Indianapolis-Carmel-Anderson, Ind.
- Omaha, Neb./Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Portland, Ore./Vancouver, Wash.
- Salt Lake City, Utah