Via Your Valley
Peoria Mayor Cathy Carlat has announced the 2021 State of the City.
The virtual celebration kicks off May 3.
The 2021 State of the City, “Bright Horizons,” is a weeklong video series celebrating community members, local businesses, and accomplishments throughout the city.
Beginning on May 3, Mayor Carlat will publish a new video each day to the city of Peoria’s website and multiple social media channels.
• Monday, May 3: Bright Horizons
• Tuesday, May 4: A Strong and Resilient Community
• Wednesday, May 5: Peoria’s Exceptional Quality of Life
• Thursday, May 6: Peoria’s First Responders
• Friday, May 7: Supporting Local
• Saturday, May 8: Strengthening Peoria’s Economy
• Sunday, May 9: Looking Forward
“This past year showed us the power of a stable foundation and a connected community,” said Mayor Carlat. “We kept our eyes on the horizon and we have emerged stronger and more resilient than ever. I hope residents will join me on a video journey as we celebrate the state of our city to recognize the great work that we have been able to achieve over the last year, and how we continue to guide our city to achieve our greatest potential.”