Among states that love to hate the rich, Arizona is No. 1

By Elias Weiss | Phoenix New Times

If you live in one of metro Phoenix’s posh neighborhoods like North Scottsdale or Fountain Hills, chances are you have a taste for ritzy spas, well-manicured fairways, upscale shops, and sumptuous restaurants.

And chances are, a whole lot of your neighbors hate you.

A recent study found that Arizona hates rich people more than any other state. And with the richest 1 percent controlling nearly as much of the global wealth as the other 99 percent combined, maybe that’s not entirely surprising.

The new research published on May 12 comes from Online Money Advisor, a global finance data clearinghouse based in the United Kingdom. Researchers analyzed more than 50,000 geotagged tweets from this year mentioning billionaires, and weighed how negative or positive each tweet was.

READ ON:

Share this!

Additional Articles

Get Our Twice Weekly Newsletter!

* indicates required

Rose Law Group pc values “outrageous client service.” We pride ourselves on hyper-responsiveness to our clients’ needs and an extraordinary record of success in achieving our clients’ goals. We know we get results and our list of outstanding clients speaks to the quality of our work.

News Categories

Top 10 multifamily builders for 2022

By Ranking Arizona | AZ Big Media Here are the Top 10 multifamily builders in Arizona, based on public voting for the 2022 edition of Ranking Arizona, the state’s biggest and most comprehensive business

Read More »