10. The color of the tire marks left by cars peeling out to get to Walmart by 6 a.m.
9. When you get hit in the head by someone rushing to get through the door, everything turns black.
8. Also it’s the color of your eye when you get hit in the head by someone rushing to get through the door
7. Because it follows Thursday.
6. To set up Black New Years.
5. It’s actually a national holiday to honor the late Shirley Temple Black
4. You may shop only if your bank balance is in the black.
3. This year, it was a great opportunity to launch the black Bitcoin.
2. People who wear black get free layaway.
1. Turquoise Friday just didn’t have much zing to it.
By the way, the Philadelphia police force coined the term in the 1960s. They were referring to the same day, the Friday after Thanksgiving, which even back then saw a mass of ravenous shoppers descend upon the area. Pedestrians and motorists caused a great deal of congestion, much to the dismay of the police, which led to the “Black Friday” labeling.