By Robert L. Pela, Patrick Bryant | Phoenix New Times
Local preservationists are still clutching their stomachs and groaning about our latest architectural loss. In late February, the Molly Helen Neal house at 120 East Willetta Street was bulldozed by developers who recently bought the property. Built in 1920 and designed by famed architectural firm Lescher and Mahoney, the building was offered for free to anyone who could pay to move it. The new owners (who plan, naturally, to build condos on the site) even offered 50 grand in financial assistance toward relocating the gorgeous but dilapidated old house. But no one was willing the pony up the rest of the dough needed to move it.