A total of 840,000 homes were completed last year.
The U.S. Census Bureau was out Thursday with the 2018 Characteristics of New Housing Report, which shows:
Of the 840,000 single-family homes completed in 2018:
- 783,000 had air-conditioning.
- 84,000 had two bedrooms or less and 376,000 had four bedrooms or more.
- 31,000 had one and one-half bathrooms or less and 306,000 homes had three or more bathrooms.
- 336,000 had a heat pump. Of these, 324,000 were air-source and 12,000 were ground-source.
- 778,000 were framed in wood and 59,000 were framed using concrete.
- 270,000 had a patio and a porch, while 69,000 had no outdoor features.
The median size of a completed single-family house was 2,386 square feet.