By Mike Sunnucks | Rose Law Group Reporter
Seventh-day Adventist Church and Ryan Companies have submitted plans with the city of Scottsdale for redevelopment of the church’s 75-acre campus on Scottsdale Road next to the Scottsdale Airpark and Scottsdale Airport.
Arizona Conference Corporation of Seventh-day Adventists operate an educational campus and boarding school in the site at Sutton Road. The property was once used to train pilots during World War II.
Redevelopment plans call for the Seventh-day Adventists to continue to use 30 acres of the campus.
The rest of the property would be developed into office buildings along Scottsdale Road and new airplane hangars and industrial uses centered around the Scottsdale Airport.
The church property backs to an airport taxiway.
The church wants to use revenue from the redevelopment to create an endowment for its school and educational programs on the same site.
The Seventh-day Adventists have owned the property since 1953 taking over dorms and facilities used to train pilots during World War II. The church donated airfield land that would become Scottsdale Airport in 1967.