Amazon expanding Tempe footprint, adding workers

(Photo via Amazon Facebook)

By Mike Sunnucks | Rose Law Group Reporter is expanding its office footprint in Tempe — and plans on adding more workers to its Arizona operations.

Amazon has inked a 63,000-square-foot expansion lease at the new 100 Mill Avenue office building. That brings its total space at the office building to 158,000 square feet, according to Cousins Properties, which owns the building along with Hines.

Cousins said Amazon has more than 5,000 workers in the Phoenix market and the Tempe expansion will create another 550 jobs with the expansion.

“Amazon plans to occupy the initial 95,000 square feet in the first half of 2022 and the 63,000 square feet of expansion space in the second half of 2022,” Cousins said in a press release Tuesday.

Cousins has a 90% ownership interest in the new office building which is slated to deliver in the first half of 2022. Hines holds the other 10%.

LiveRamp — a San Francisco-based technology firm —has also leased 32,00 square feet of space for a new Phoenix office that will employ 100 workers.

“We continue to see rapidly growing technology companies from the West Coast select Phoenix as a market for expansion based on its abundance of talent, attractive environment and easy accessibility,” said Colin Connolly, president and CEO for Atlanta-based Cousins Properties. “Our leasing pipeline for the remaining space at 100 Mill is very strong as companies continue to focus on building their culture in high-quality office space that inspires employees and encourages collaboration.”

Cousins’ 100 Mill Avenue building will be 18 stories and total 281,000 square feet in downtown Tempe.

Share this!

Additional Articles

News Categories

Get Our Twice Weekly Newsletter!

* indicates required

Rose Law Group pc values “outrageous client service.” We pride ourselves on hyper-responsiveness to our clients’ needs and an extraordinary record of success in achieving our clients’ goals. We know we get results and our list of outstanding clients speaks to the quality of our work.

December 2021