(Disclosure: Rose Law Group represents Mattamy Homes.)
By Mike Sunnucks | Rose Law Group Reporter
Mattamy Homes has closed on a 145-acre property in Goodyear called Las Ventanas.
The deal is worth $20.45 million and is Mattamy’s seventh major land deal in the Phoenix market this year.
The Las Ventanas deal closed Nov. 30 and the land has approvals for 412 homes.
“Our Phoenix team is looking forward to bringing new, Mattamy-signature designs to Las Ventanas,” says Don Barrineau, President of Mattamy’s Phoenix Division. “Based on its extremely favorable combination of value, range of product options and convenient location, we expect the community will be highly appealing to a diverse demographic including families, mature downsizers and outdoor enthusiasts.”
The Las Ventanas property is located at the southeast corner of Perryville Rd. and Yuma Rd. in Goodyear.
The development will include a 5-acre park, according to a release from Mattamy. New homes are slated to open for sale in 2023.
Mattamy’s Las Ventanas purchase caps an historic year of acquisitions for the company’s Phoenix operations, with $102.6 million worth of deals totaling 1,926 lots Mattamy also closed on the following properties in 2021:
• Tierra Vistoso – Surprise (178 lots, $6.7 million)
• Empire Pointe – Queen Creek (532 lots, $33 million)
• San Tan Heights – San Tan Valley (324 lots, $20.3 million)
• Sereno Phase 2 – Peoria (133 lots, $5.8 million)
• Aria Ranch – Surprise (139 lots, $5.4 million)
• Miravida (aka Bonita Ranch) – Surprise (208 lots, $11 million).